Word book!

IMG_0958.JPG

A while ago I made a cloth word book for my pre-schooler, and we’ve been looking through it lots lately so I thought I’d blog about it! It was a super satisfying project although I did have some technical issues with the final binding- didn’t really think it all the way through and it was very fat when assembled- way too fat to fit in my regular old sewing machine. So I did some hand sewing and used my bookbinding training to piece it all together and so far it has withstood some rough handling. I drew the pictures, designed it all up and then had the fabric printed digitally. I lined the pages with quilt batten to make them more substantial which did contribute to the tricky sewing challenge but I think was worth it. I loved making the illustrations – I’m definitely inspired to do it again. IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

Advertisements

2 comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s